Tuesday, April 25, 2017

POTC - Using the Last of the Scraps

The remaining bits of fabric left from the 9-Patch Strippy finish have now all been used and/or dealt with.

From the large pieces, I cut the designs you see in the photo above for a very quick Patchwork of the Crosses block. I will put this aside to stitch later. For now the parts are all taped down the way I want them.

After cutting those parts, all that remained was bits. I used the 1" hexie to cut a whole bunch of the little calico print to be used in some yet-to-be-planned flowers. Then I cut a little stack of 2.5" squares to add to my basket of to-go stitching. They will be a pleasant reminder of my wonderful 9-Patch Strippy quilt.

Short and sweet today, Peeps! Sharon is here to sew; later I am meeting the Frienzies for dinner; and I might have to fill in for DH on his Mennonite bus route. Lots to do today!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. What a great block. The fussy cut pieces really add to it.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!