Friday, November 17, 2017

Many Random Projects

It has been ages since I have shared projects from the girls I quilt with regularly. This all stems back to the blogging slump I was in, I guess. From my recent little stretch of blogging output, I think my slump might be over (hope so!), and I need to clear this unfinished business.

I will do this in roll-call order, since time order is completely irrelevant at this point. By first names, we shall begin with Becky, and the last time I sewed with her she was binding her Generals' Wives quilt! What a gorgeous quilt this is! (Do a search of the web; you'll see!) She has a comfy visitor there beside her - Chuck the cat curled up for a nap.



Below, is Jan's "Eye Spy" quilt made for her little grandson Geoff. He will get lots of mental stimulation from this! As a retired primary school teacher, Jan loves all the primary colors and the matching and counting activities inherent in this kind of quilt.



Above, Jan is demonstrating how she personalizes items with her embroidery machine. We were at her house recently and in just a 2-minute demo, she whipped out this towel for me. It was fun to watch.


Other projects from Jan in recent months involve EPP - she is prolific with creating these beautiful blocks.


One final project from Jan is another for her grandson of crayons in primary colors. This will be so much fun!


Laura recently spent a day with us at Terry's and devoted the entire time to cutting out projects. I think she worked on 3 or 4 - maybe even 5. She is prolific, so this must be part of her time-saving methods, tested and true over time, I'm sure. Laura prefers little quilts with tiny pieces - and they always look amazing.



Next is Sharon who loves to hand-stitch smaller projects - the wall hanging and table runner variety, mostly. These are hand-stitched. Yes. See what I mean about tiny?!



Sheryll has many wool applique projects in her past, and she continues to crank them out with amazing speed. Her home is filled with lovely creations similar to this.


Finally, Terry produces gorgeous creations as fast as ever. On top of piecing and quilting her own stuff, she has a small long-arm business on the side, making her productivity all the more impressive. Below, she has binding to finish on this pretty fall table runner.



More recently, she was making a gazillion stars for an impressive quilt. I don't have an exact count, but there could easily be 80-100 of these stars in that particular quilt - lots of stitching! Lots of fun!

Finally, I will show a quilt that Terry entered into the Ross County Quilt Guild's quilt show which was held in August or September. It's been awhile. I never get tired of gazing at this beautiful quilt made from a Kim Diehl pattern.


Well, this has certainly been a hodge-podge of quilts. I hope you haven't been too distracted by my scattery methods. Now that this old business has been dealt with, I can work on trying to stay a bit better caught up.

Have a great Friday!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the quilt tour. lots of fun inspiring quilts! great job ladies

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!