Monday, January 22, 2018

Shoo Fly Update

These Shoo Fly blocks have gotten really boring lately, and I find myself turning to other endeavors to avoid having to finish them. For example, I have cleaned a particularly cluttered corner of my sewing room, and nearly have all the fall-out from that put away in appropriate places. I stitched a quick mini-quilt top (which I will share later this week), using blocks that were already made and only needing the setting blocks cut. I finished and hung the curtains for that downstairs window (also saving for a future post.) This is how one procrastinates finishing a dull job. (I have perfected this to an artform!)


So, about those Shoo Fly blocks...I need 105, if my calculations are correct. At present I have 85. The remaining 20 are very much in the early prep stages, as I have been doing assembly-line piecing to make quicker work of these little buggers. I hope to finish the last 20 off today.

 The picture above shows my growing stack of Shoo Flies. I'm using the little clippies to separate into groups of 10 so I don't have to keep counting to see how many more.

Yesterday I had the last of my birthday celebrations as all three kids met us at Panera Bread in Chillicothe. Emma and Geoffrey come from Athens; Erin and Jeff come from Columbus; Adam joins us as we come from Greenfield making Chillicothe a nice meeting place. It was such a pleasant visit that I just didn't want it to be over.

Since I am determined to finish those Shoo Flies, I will link this post to Monday Making - this will give me incentive to get 'em done.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely coloured fabrics! Also very clever use of the pattern of the fabric and the pattern of the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I'm just thinking of starting a king sized churn dash quilt. Well, maybe I'll either get the quilt done or my house cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are lovely. I am going to do this pattern but I am determined to finish 2 unfinished quilt tops first, then I can celebrate by starting a new quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!