Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Blockheads 3 Update

If you follow me on Instagram or FB, I have been regularly posting the blocks I've made in the BH3 sew-along. Facebook has a group dedicated to Blockheads, and on Instagram, using the hashtag modablockheads3 will yield all the varying blocks being made all around the globe.

I have not, shared here for awhile, though, so let's take care of that today.


My most recent block is #16, Dream. It was an easy one to make, and I am sure I took more time making fabric choices than making the block.

Just as a reminder, let me show you the fabric pack I am using, along with a few added pieces to extend the options.

Faith; Collection for a Cause by Moda

The original group along with additions.

I have now made 14 blocks; only 16 to make and I will be all caught up, as block #30 was released earlier today. I will not ever be caught up, though, because I won't be making all the blocks they offer. Some of them just don't appeal; I am being a bit selective.


So far, all my blocks are 6.5 inches. I reserve the right to add in some larger blocks along the way, if I so desire, and if it is necessary in order to make my size work out right. I will just have to play it by ear as we see the remaining blocks. How each individual quilter finishes the quilt is entirely according to one's preference. Wait and see; that's the ticket.

I am late posting a blog today as I undertook a very large project - for me anyway. I cleaned the garage. It still has a ways to go, but my car is parked in it, and that hasn't happened in many, many months.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. You're farther ahead than I am on BH3, I just have the patterns downloaded, no pieced blocks so far. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!