Monday, August 10, 2020

Sharon's Latest Finish

Sewing with Sharon is proving quite rewarding of late. We try to get together every Thursday, and have become quite regular about it in the past few weeks. Besides just catching up with each other, our productivity increases as we feed off each other, and sewing is just plain more enjoyable with a friend. 

 Earlier in the summer we both worked on our stash of Larkspur fabrics. I made up a pattern and named it Larkspur Stars.

Sharon made a strippy quilt that she named Larkspur Lane.

 

 And now, guess what? We are both still have a good amount of leftover Larkspur fabric. It is an absolute shame to leave it boxed up in a closet or drawer. Sharon got busy right away and began a second Larkspur quilt. 

She had saved back a layer cake of Larkspur. She set aside the cuts of the fabric with the birds to use as setting blocks for this quilt she has named Lark Meadow. It is so simple; so sweet; so striking. And it went together fast. All the best of quilt-making, if you ask me.

Now, I have to do something with my leftover Larkspur, right? My original quilt had a lot of 3.5-inch squares, and I was left with several. Rather than to let those go to waste, I am now in the process of making 9-patches with those. It won't take many of those 9.5-inch blocks to make a quilt, so I am rather amped up to finish them. I have a couple of neutral/light pieces of yardage which will do nicely for setting blocks.

The plan is to show you a finish later this week!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. You both have beautiful quilts! I see you got an email from the 'true hacker' too. I just sent his remarks to spam and didn't open them. How soon do you start teaching? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!