Wednesday, September 16, 2020

2020's Single UFO

 The 2020 goals I published back in January had only one UFO listed - to finish a Thimbleberries quilt begun in 2006 called Meadow Lily.

I have gone back through the blog to see how often I have spoken of finishing this quilt, and I am embarrassed to admit that it's been more times than I care to count. But by gosh, I am doing it now. At long last. 

The setting blocks are all completed, so finishing simply requires making those lily blocks. Here are the ones done so far.

The quilt is very pretty, and I am making it almost exactly as pictured. The main colors are green and purple with a background of tan/beige. I need 18 full lily blocks for the center and 4 partial lily blocks for the border. 

 

The pattern is is this very vintage Lynette Jensen book, At Home with Thimbleberries Quilts.

Progress is slow with the craziness of school and kitchen construction, but I am steadily plugging away at those lily blocks. I hope to have a flimsy by the end of the month.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

2 comments:

  1. Those blocks look like they require quite a lot concentration! I can imagine I'd be unpicking a lot of seams as I'd be bound to get pieces round the wrong way! I hope you make steady progress and don't need the unpicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of Lynette fabrics and books - along with 2 quilt kits! ONE day I will drag them out and make some more. I made Safe Haven - it is so pretty! This one will be pretty also!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!