Saturday, September 19, 2020

True Blue Flimsy

 I have delayed posting a picture of my True Blue flimsy simply because I could never get my picture of it spread out on the bed. Finally, that became a priority and now she awaits quilting.

Making this quilt has been on my radar for a couple of years, actually, and this past January I made sure I put it on my goals list for 2020. At our modified quilt retreat a couple of weeks ago, this was my one and only focus, if you recall.

Back here at home, after retreat, I needed to make two more blocks and sew the top together with the sashing strips and corner stones - Voila! - a quilt top!

This quilt is made with about 20 different dark blue fabrics from my stash so that my churn dashes would be very scrappy. For the background, I selected a 5-yard cut of white purchased from Jackson, OH, Guhl's outlet store. Easy-peasy! The blocks finish at 9-inches, so quick work with only 42 blocks necessary.

It's a gorgeous Saturday here in south-central Ohio. We are ready to go for a long walk over at the bike path in Frankfort. Hope you get to enjoy this beautiful day!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




2 comments:

  1. Oh, I really, really like this top. I found another blogger that made one in lighter blues.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!