Friday, October 30, 2020

Sharon's Birthday Quilt and a Kites Update

 In July, we celebrated Sharon's birthday, and for us a standard gift is quilt fabric. I found a gorgeous jelly roll of French General fabric that I just knew she would love, so that and a bottle of wine (another standard!) and a gift took shape.

Can you believe that Sharon has already sewn that quilt top together?!? By mid-September this was finished. (That's how late I am in sharing it here.) She calls it The Birthday Quilt, and it is a beauty. She has a penchant for red and white quilts, as well as a particular fondness for French General fabrics, so this was destined to be a winner on many fronts.



We saw a picture on Facebook of a quilt we both really liked. Sharon figured out a pattern and away she went. Simple piecing and massive impact - a great combination. At one point we had a name for this pattern, but neither of us can remember it, so help us out if you know it. Here is the inspiration picture that I screenshot from FB.

When we sewed together this past Tuesday, Sharon made fantastic progress on her Kites quilt. It is going to be such a gorgeous quilt. Here are a couple of pics of it draped over the ironing board.



Slowly, I am catching up! The fall semester is coming in to the homestretch - only about 5 weeks to go. The kitchen remodel has been at a standstill for a couple of weeks. I am making calls today to see if we can't get the last bits of this job done. I want my house back!

We had over 2.5 inches of rain yesterday. What gloom! It was dreary and cold and miserable. The good thing: I sewed all day, and I listened to an audio book. That is how I brighten a dreary day!

Come on back tomorrow! I promise I am going to get back to more regular posting! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!







2 comments:

  1. Both of Sharon's quilts are lovely but I've got to say, that French General fabric is really tempting me to make a red & white. It always seems like remodeling takes so much longer than anticipated, not because there are actual problems with the remodeling, just because the workers drag it out. Hope you can find time for happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the 30's version. Wonder where we can find the pattern????

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!