Sunday, October 18, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 It's been awhile since I shared in the fun of slow Sunday stitching. Perhaps that is because I've not been doing very much hand work of late. Lots of irons in the fire these days, and it just became an easy objective to move to the back burner.

That said, I did put the binding on a quilt last week, and so have been enjoying the process of stitching it down. More often than not, lately, I do this step by machine. Since this is a gift and a baby quilt, I decided that doing it by hand would be appropriate.

The quilt is a bonus quilt made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics that were cut away from another project way back in 2015. You can click here to see that special quilt. I saved the cut away corners knowing that at some point they would be useful. I turned them into this little quilt which became a baby quilt when a family friend announced the birth of a baby girl.

The binding fabric is the only part of the quilt that is not by Kaffe Fassett; it is by Patrick Lose, and it worked so well, and I had it on hand, so why not?



I'm still stitching. It won't take me long to finish it off, and I am definitely enjoying the rhythmic nature of the process. Soon, the baby girl and her parents will take ownership; I will try to provide pictures.

Hope you are enjoying a slow stitching project! If you are, or if you aren't, you should pop over to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts to see some inspiration from other slow stitchers.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




4 comments:

  1. Pretty little baby quilt, and like you, I enjoy hand stitching the binding down too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne, those fabrics are so beautiful - they make a lovely baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and the perfect use for those trimmings. Can you imagine if all of that had been discarded?! I love the binding phase, primarily because one of my quilty friends once described it as the last bit of time I will get to enjoy a particular project, especially if it will be a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have Kaffe Fasset fabrics left over from another quilt to fashion another. Love all those triangles dancing with Kaffe's fabrics. The binding is a perfect match. This baby quilt is spilling over with bright and happy joy!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!