Thursday, October 29, 2020

Will I Ever Catch Up?

 Remiss. That's the word of the day. Or the word of the month, perhaps. 

I am so totally remiss in my posting here on the blog. So, once again, I will bring you up to date on a few of the projects going on in my world as well as projects from quilty friends.

First, let me share some quilts from the lovely friends in the Frankfort Girls quilting group. We met a week ago at Sharon O's house. All seven of us were present, and what a grand time! It seems 3 hours (9-noon) is just not enough for us to cover all the topics.

Here is a quilt that Terry had for show and tell. It is lap-quilt size, blocks are big ones, and they have such impact! I took a couple of close-up shots so you could see how fantastic they look.



 
 
Hostess Sharon had a couple of quilts to share.  First, a leafy wall hanging - look at that color! This was all done by hand, a technique Sharon finds she prefers. She even did the binding by hand!
 

A second finish from Sharon is this quilt made from the blocks we "assigned" at the first of the year. We had a small, loosely-formed sew-along in which each of us took a month to assign a block that we would all make. After 7 months, we could do with those blocks whatever we wanted. Here is Sharon's version. (PS: She loves purple!) She made a couple of extras for this quilt, but we were very open in our interpretation of what the blocks would become. When a few more get theirs done, I will put all the quilts together in a post to show you what wide variety we have. (Click here to see the quilt I made in the sew-along.)

I have progress photos to share from Sharon P. - saving that for the next post. I also have an update on the 5-inch churn dash quilt I began in late summer. Click here to be reminded of it; I now have 110 of these little blocks, which is probably way more than I will need for a quilt, and I am ready to sew the quilt top. Yay!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!