Thursday, January 7, 2021

December Roundup

A couple of factors have played into my tardiness in getting this blog going in the new year. 

One, DH's computer is on the fritz, so he's using mine. 

Two, I had that sinus infection that kept be pretty well out of commission.

Things might just be turning around here, at last, so I am going to proceed with an attempt to catch up on old business items - first among them, the December collage.

It is always fun to look back at the month just past to see how much (or how little) I've packed into it. For December, what felt like a very slow month, we ended up having more to share than I expected.

Top Row: The first day of the month gave us our first snow of the year, and it was gorgeous! It was a very heavy, wet snow, and it stuck to the branches beautifully. I continued cranking out the churn dash blocks as I prepared for the eventual block exchange with the Frankfort Girls on the 18th. And secret Christmas sewing was ongoing; I made several zipper bags for girlfriends.

Middle Row: We downsized our Christmas tree and as well as all the decorating, after we cancelled the big gathering with my extended family. On the 19th we had our girls here along with my mother, for a small, intimate celebration. I attempted to quilt some quilts for gifts, but the long-arm was uncooperative; I had two issues: timing (which is fixed thanks to Terry's DH, Mark.) The second issue is as yet unfixed - speed control. It has one speed -  supersonic! (Hoping to fix that on Saturday.) I love my stack of red and white quilts - still displayed on the shelf. *smile*

Bottom Row: Additional secret sewing included this festive pillow. One not-so-welcome dilemma that December brought us was this sink-hole in our driveway. We are filling it with gravel and rocks; before January is out, we will be replacing the entire culvert - $$$ - yikes! The collage ends with a picture of my sweetie and me - celebrating on New Year's Eve, in our grubby, old everyday duds and all by ourselves. No party this year, doggone it. We brought out a 1000-piece puzzle (shown in an earlier post), ate pizza and watched old movies. Very low-key, just like nearly everything this past year.

I would normally be posting goals for the new month, but since it is also a whole new year I am working up a bigger list; that will soon be coming.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!