Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Long Arm Success, At Last

 After Thursday's debacle in the long arm room, and yesterday's trip to McArthur, the day ended with my having a small victory.

The baby quilt was already loaded onto the frame, so I simply needed to readjust things that were disrupted when I removed the machine, and I was off to the races! The idea was that I'd do this long-overdue baby quilt first, as it would not only reacquaint me with that free-motion quilting groove, but would also be a fast finish.


Mission accomplished. I was done in no time, and felt relatively comfortable with the motions necessary. I must admit that after all the complications I'd been experiencing with the Tin Lizzie, I felt a definite sense of satisfied relief to finish so effortlessly. 

Just look at that - lint! A lint-filled bobbin area means that quilting has been accomplished. Nice.

I will take a lot more time on the next two quilts in the queue as they are wedding gifts and must look really good. Baby quilts, on the other hand, are for throwing on the floor and occasional baby messes, consequently they must simply be sturdy and comforting. Perfect for me to get back into the long arming groove.

 

Today, another quilt will go onto the machine. I plan to finish February with a flurry - and the humming purr of Miss Tin Lizzie.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your groove back. It's always nice to have a quick success to make up for the frustrations of technical difficulties, especially when it is a cute little baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilt looks great, you're right about baby quilts needing to be durable. Hope the next 2 quilts move along just as smoothly, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious baby quilt! Great to have that Longarm working!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!