Wednesday, April 21, 2021

My Retreat Projects

 My retreat week was extremely productive. I am known to be quite a procrastinator, but by gosh, I really focused on the projects I wanted to finish and got 'em done! 

I surprise myself at times.

Nearly everything I took to work on involved finishing works in progress. It feels very good to have made significant progress on these.

First up, I wanted to finish the Double Irish Chain that I'd worked on with Sharon. Here's a click back to details on our previous work. I had all the 25-patch blocks done; at retreat, I made the setting blocks and constructed the quilt top. I ended up decided to add a row to the width, so I made the extra blocks necessary. I won't be adding a border.

The next WIP on the to-do list:  my red and white stars quilt. I'd previously finished all the stars, so I went to work cutting and sewing. Below is a portion of the finished blocks. I did finish them all, and now have only quilt top construction to do.


It's been a very, very long time since I last worked on the scrappy quilt I am making from random 2" squares. Even so, I consider it a WIP, and not a UFO. (Just sayin'.) I took the project tub, hoping I would be able to recover my mojo on this quilt. I did! It had been over a year since I last did any significant work on this quilt.

I call this a controlled scrappy quilt. All the center 4-patches are entirely from my scrap tub. The red print and white shirting fabrics surrounding the 4-patches are more orderly, yet do not match. I like how this looks and am totally getting excited about finishing this quilt top.

In addition to these, I also worked on binding quilts. I shared the secret sewing in a previous post, and I shared the two little quilts here and here.

Onward! Today Sharon is coming and we have much catching up to do. I am unsure of what I will work on, but you can be confident that when I decide, I will share it all here.

Happy Quilting, Friends! 






1 comment:

  1. Your Irish chain is beautiful! I love blue & white quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!