Monday, May 10, 2021

Sew Along Update - Week 11

 

Did everyone have a happy Mother's Day? It was a busy week here and we ended up hosting 16 here yesterday to celebrate. Consequently, I am later than usual in getting today's post up and out. (I was a pooped Mom!)

In Week 9, we featured a found poem by fellow Sew Along founder, Dee. The treat for today is a poem penned by Sew Along founder, Sharon. When she sent this early last week, she warned that it was quite sentimental and that she "really laid it on." Yes, it certainly sings with sentimentality - all the alliteration and imagery make it a joy to read. See if you don't agree.

Moondance Dream

It all begins
With a dream
of roses and ribbons,
sallows and swirls,
 bouquets and beauty;
of gardens in Paris,
watercolors in Giverny,
lavender in Provence;
of pale pinks of daybreak,
soft yellows of sun rays,
new greens of Spring. 

Then, the dance—
a soft embrace,
a slow waltz swirling
like moon beams
dotting the sky,
illuminating,
fulfilling the dream
to the end.

Doesn't Sharon's poem take the celebrating of spring to a whole new level?! She may be right that she "laid it on," but if famous poets can be inspired by daffodils, nightingales, and Grecian urns, then by gosh, we quilting English teachers can be inspired by gorgeous fabrics and pleasing designs. 

Now I know you are thinking that a poem must surely be forthcoming from yours truly - well, we shall see. I won't make any promises, but I do see where that gauntlet has been thrown. *smiles*

Want some quilt pictures before I close? I can certainly manage that. Dee sent a progress picture this week. Her blocks are finished and she is ready to begin construction of the quilt top. Oh, her fabrics are so rich and vibrant! This flower garden will be brimming with intense colors.

I had the bright idea to hang my quilts together for a quick photo. It is fun to see them lined up together like this. The 4 on hangers are larger. The little quilt pinned to the front is the only one completely finished. I may put it on the dining table for the duration of spring.

My names for each: Spring Dreams (green), Lulu Lane Dreams (yellow), Patriotic Dreams (obvious), Sanctuary Dreams (blue), and Scrappy Dreams (small one in front). I have an idea for one more, but I can't decide if I should do it. Maybe I'd be smarter to put one of these on the quilting frame and get it quilted up before our sew along ends. We shall see. If I get my act together, maybe I can do both.

Here's hoping you are making some beautiful spring dreams come true! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!