Monday, May 17, 2021

Sew Along Update - Week 12

 

Checking in here this morning with another quilt to share! I've made another quilt top!

Repeated quite a number of times here on these updates, I tell you this quilt is absolutely the easiest quilt in the world to make. Of course, we have also been touting the idea of working at your leisure to make your quilt, but if you need a quilt as fast as possible, a simple quilt like Spring Dreams is the quilt for you!

This is my Sanctuary Spring Dreams, made with the luscious 3 Sisters/Moda fabric called Sanctuary. Perhaps you recall the small bit of shopping I did while on retreat? I bought a jelly roll and some carefully selected bits of yardage. The result is the quilt above.


I cannot honestly say that I have never made a quilt within the same month as buying the fabric. I am generally more of the type of quilter who allows the fabric to age for awhile before cutting into it. With this fabric, though, I bought it with Spring Dreams in mind. I could barely contain myself for wanting to start it straight away.

The jelly roll was entirely used for the 9-patch blocks. These are a breeze to make if you don't overthink it. I try to be very casual about the combinations, exerting as little serious planning as possible.

Pictured below are my four Spring Dreams big quilts and the scrappy table topper all made for this sew along. Sanctuary is the one on the far right - it shows up even softer and dreamier hanging there than it does in the previous pictures on the bed. 

All of them please me, and yes, I would make another one in a heartbeat. I am using fabric from my stash with the exception, of course, of Sanctuary. This is a great way to work through those fabrics you love. Get that gorgeous stuff out of the closets or storage bins and make a Spring Dreams of your own!

Remember, I invite you share your quilts on Instagram and use the  #springdreamssewalong - we can see what all the quilts look like there. Another option is to send pictures of your quilts to me through email. I can then use them here for a future update.

Have a great Monday, Dear Readers!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!