Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sewing With Sharon

 

We had a fun and productive day of sewing yesterday when Sharon was here. Since we've now both finished our Double Irish Chain quilt tops, we are at that indecisive point between projects wondering what to focus on next. 

Sharon's inclination was to continue working with solids, but instead of a Double Irish Chain, do a Single Irish Chain. So she dug into my tub of solids - there's a story I need to tell, about the solids, that is, but not today - and came up with a moody blue to go with the extensive creamy white yardage that she owns.

Don't these look great? With squares measuring 2.5 inches, and using the strip-piecing method, they are a cinch to make. Before the day was done Sharon had constructed 33 blocks.


I hope you get a good chuckle out of Sharon's diagram - on the back of her snack plate. Yes, we'd had our "wine-o'clock" treats, and by that point in the day, she needed a visual for how many blocks she would need. I just had to capture her diagram for posterity. *smiles*


Sharon's descriptor for this blue is "seaglass." Perfect! It is gorgeous, whichever way it is described. Just soft and dark enough to provide a calm moodiness, don't you think? I can see drowsing with this quilt in the fading sunlight of a spring day. Ahhh...

Lotsa' fun stitching ahead. Looking forward to it all coming together, and you know this is about as easy a finish as you'll ever get. Makes me want to *gasp* start another quilt!!!

I will share in tomorrow's post my sewing for our day together.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!