Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2026

TATW Flimsy Finished!

This is a post I am very happy to share! I finished a quilt top! I've not been the most productive quilter in recent months, so to be able to share a flimsy is quite a feat! My Trip Around the World finishes at 80 inches square. Every seam matched up perfectly and construction was a breeze.


 Back in February, I bought most of the calico florals used in this quilt. While I was having my yardage cut, the shop clerk and I chatted about my plan for these fabrics to be used in a Trip Around the World quilt. 

You know how we quilters are -- one comment led to another and before I knew it we were exchanging phone numbers! She promised to send me a pattern she had long planned to make, but alas, hadn't ever done it.

Jump to June - 4 months later - I finally cut out all the strips for this quilt and begin stitching. Then the knee surgery and a pause. Now, just after the 4th of July, I have completed it!

I repeated 4 fabrics in this quilt.With there being so much variety in the colors, I wasn't concerned about repeating, and I loved the prints, so why not?  The pattern Samantha provided was as easy as can be to follow. I hope she knows what a blessing she has been in this effort! That shop is the BEST!! I will shop at The Quilted Twins every winter we go to Florida! They are a wonderful shop and so friendly! I have already sent her pics of this flimsy.

But I digress...Let's have a few more views of the quilt. 

I have yet to consider how this will be quilted. I think it would be easy to hand quilt, and I could very well go that route. I could make hand-quilting even faster by doing the 'big-stitch' method. I can also just put it on the long arm, and get'er done. 

 

I sure do love this quilt, and I hope I don't dither too long in getting it quilted. Allowing it to languish in the closet for years would be a travesty. So  many quilt tops are already hanging there waiting to to quilted.  I have got to remedy this!

One remedy will begin today. I am taking my long arm machine to a repair shop for a long-overdue tune-up. I've not successfully quilted on that machine since last fall. Waaa! I want to get some quilts finished! I'm long overdue for baby quilts and other gifts needing to be given. I have to get my machine in tip-top shape.

So, what's next? I'm still making little dresses. I still have a yearly goals list which I need to consult. I still have scads of scraps to use. I won't run out of projects any time soon, for sure.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I think you have been amazing to have completed this so quickly! I would boast even without a knee replacement. Honestly, I cannot even see a repeat of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is beautiful! Please have it be the first one on the machine when it returns home.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!