Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Projects from Canter's Cave Retreat

I understand that not all my pictures showed up in the previous post. I cannot begin to explain why that happened, but I will rerun a couple of photos of Canter's Cave, then show you a project or two.


This is the front/side view from the entry porch of the lodge.

The great room, where we sewed. We set up about 10 tables. It was a beehive of activity!
My humble abode for the 2-night, 3-day retreat.
The cozy fireplace and seating. Wouldn't you have loved being with us??
Jan is making a Lucy Boston quilt. Here is one block ready to be stitched.
I will be back in a future post with more of them. She has lots done.

JoAnn is stitching a binding on a quilt she made for her granddaughter.
I have a picture of the quilt on the camera, so I must remember to post it.
Laura is using English paper piecing to do this teeny tiny tumbling blocks quilt.
Impressed? You should be! :)
Terry finished the top of this wall hanging.

Several of the girls have the Hexie bug - Sheryll has been working on this.
My project was to work on this pastel 9-patch. I have had a jelly roll of pastels for quite awhile,
and this is how I decided to proceed. I think it will be a pretty spring quilt.

Two quilters are not represented here - Sharon O. and Susan. I must have pictures of their projects on the regular camera. I do hope to get my computer issues figured out one of these days. I need my routine back!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your friends are always so productive, they make me feel like I should get up and do something. Looks like a great place, great friends, what more could one ask for? Chocolate (always ask for more chocolate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grand fire place! Would love to recreate something like that in my own home.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!