Thursday, September 3, 2009

Multi-tasking







The quilt guild in Circleville is having its quilt show today through Saturday. For about a month, I have been planning to go on this date, early in the day, get back home and get on with other things. Well, that plan was put in some serious jeopardy when a meeting I was to host last Thursday was postponed and moved to this Thursday. The question became would I be prepared enough for the meeting (house cleaned of clutter, flowers watered, dusting, sweeping, etc.) to allow for a couple of hours out for a quilt show? Dear husband could easily document the severity of my tendency toward procrastinating, so this was a true challenge for me. I tried to trick myself into thinking that the meeting was Wednesday night, so that I would spend that day in cleaning and prepping mode. However, I was not very productive, so it turns out that I had much more to do today than I'd hoped. BUT!! I did kick myself into high gear, and managed both after all! I started in on the work as soon as Kevin and Emma left for school, headed to Circleville at about 11:30, was back home by 2 or so, and actually had time to fix Kevin dinner and relax with the news before the ladies arrived.

And now I have a really clean house for a long holiday weekend!

How was the quilt show? Very nice. It has been a couple of years since I've made it over to that particular event. It's a small quilt show, but surprisingly for a town the size of Circleville, it is a very nice show. They had a good variety of vendors, and the quilts were quite nice. I particularly liked the one row of quilts that were all done in the same main block, but very different in their fabrics and placements. I have always been fascinated with the diversity of a block when it has been set together with just minor changes.

Now, at day's end, the quilt show is behind me, the last of the ladies has gone home, my house is neat and tidy, I'm ready to pour myself a glass of wine and relax with my sweetie. He's got the Browns game on dvr, so we can watch it.

Pictured above are 3 quilts I saw today.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you popped over to my blog so I could visit you, Love those three quilts, especially the sampler. Good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the sampler quilt I have always wanted to make one of those...now I am really inspired!
    I am glad you got to go to the show!
    how we all have to play our little games to get everything done! hope your enjoying your weekend and just think no chores to do!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm here via Janet. Lovely pics and nice blog you have here xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Circleville where they have a pumpkin festival?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Karen, that's Circleville! It's a nice little town just south of Columbus.

    Thanks all, for the encouraging remarks about my blog and pics. It's still very much in its infancy, but I like doing it and hope I have the discipline to keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, stopping over after a shout out from Janet! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!