Thursday, December 17, 2015

At Last, I Can Share!

Whew!

If you heard a huge sigh of relief yesterday afternoon around 2:30, that was probably me as I snipped the threads on the last binding of the 8 - yes, 8 - table toppers I made for the Frienzies. Our Christmas gathering was last night, which means in true Jayne fashion, I had procrastinated and was feeling the pinch for time.


Here are the goodies, ready to go to the party. Technically I didn't need to make 8, but as it turned out, the first one I finished is mine, as it has all the boo-boos. My prototype is far from perfect, that's for sure.


Above is the inspiration for my gifts. I saw this picture on Pinterest, and I was immediately drawn to it. The longer I studied it, the ideas for using this as a springboard for Frienzies' gifts began to take shape. Here is a link to the source of the picture. Below is my interpretation for the Frienzies.


The 8 stars represent the 8 of us in the Frienzies group. Each star is made from a different yet similar fabric, and is meant to symbolize the common bonds we Frienzies share while we each maintain our unique qualities, too. I'm calling them Frienzies Wreaths.

Here are all eight of them  - wouldn't this block make a pretty quilt?  It would only take 12 to make a quilt big enough for a double bed. Notice that a few of the bindings are different. Because all the fabric used in these wall hangings came from my stash, the backing fabrics and bindings are varied. I also used several neutrals in the design. They are all of a similar hue, though, and look unified as a result.

Now you know part of the reason I haven't been able to post as regularly as I usually do. I have been totally consumed by these wreaths! Note to self: next year, don't get a great idea so close to Christmas. I think I began working on these the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe some quilters could have finished them faster, but I was really sweating it these last couple of days.

That sigh is 100% relief. I loved making them, and I'm pretty certain the girls loved receiving them, but I am really glad they are done.

Now maybe I can get back to more regular posting.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. Jayne, your Frenzies Wreaths are beautiful and such a great idea. No doubt they were well received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great table toppers! I made a bunch of those blocks with wool appliqué in the centers. It is a block that requires concentration or the seam ripper gets a workout! Beautiful gifts you gave! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful. I bet your friends were thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!