Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Riddle - Cheddar Cheese Style

What do you get when you take 13 of these:
And add 12 of these:
Plus 8 of these:

And 8 of these?

Well, of course, what you get is a beautiful little doll quilt called Cheddar Cheese and Crackers!
Mine is pieced, but not yet quilted. I am so pleased with the results. I love scrappy quilts. This quilt was, for a time, featured in the header of a blog I follow called Humble Quilts. Apparently several Humble Quilt followers asked about it, so Lori, the blog owner, made and shared instructions for it! Instantly, I found myself a part of a quilt-along, something I'd never done before.

I made this doll quilt entirely from my stash. The blocks which include the 'cheddar' are all hand-pieced, while everything else is machine-pieced.

I've never machine-quilted, so I'm thinking I will attempt that on this quilt. I will just do straight diagonal lines, so it should go well. Since my Bernina is newly serviced, I should think that I would get along with flying colors.

5 comments:

  1. Looks terrific! Job well done. Looking forward to seeing your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!!! Thanks so much for playing along and posting your link!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It has been such fun seeing all of these CC&C quilts in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you visited the blog of "exuberant color"? She is into Kaffe Fassett and I think you would enjoy her blog. If you find you bought TOO MUCH Kaffe Fassett fabric, let me know.... I'd be willing to sacrifice and take the extra off your hands! But I won't hold my breath.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's fun to "show off" a recent finish.

    Kat, I do believe that I have ordered from Exuberant Color - maybe about 2 years ago. It is unlikely that I will reach the "too much" realm any time soon, I'm afraid! I went shopping with a girlfriend last week and bought several Kaffe fat quarters to further augment the stash! I don't quite grasp the concept of "enough is enough!"

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!