Not too long ago I shared the little HST table topper or wall hanging that I made with my Roman Holiday scraps. In the tub of remnants, I found a nice stack of squares already marked with the diagonal line for making HSTs, so that is what I did and the result was a very pretty little quilt. Click here for that earlier post.
This has been hanging on the design wall for a week or so, and as I ponder the options for finishing, I decided to see what it would look like if a red border were added.
It hardly looks like the same quilt, does it? The red seems to give it a brighter appearance. This trial border is made with rectangular pieces that were in the remnant tub. I could use these, or I could make a very bold move and use the last remaining bit of THE RED. Any of you who know Roman Holiday fabric know THE RED to which I refer.
THE RED. The picture above is from years ago and this luscious yardage belonged to Sharon P. I don't know if she still has this big piece or not, but I know I loved this fabric enough that I took a picture of it. THE RED was the one fabric from the entire Roman Holiday line that is nearly impossible to find nowadays. Everyone must have loved it and hoarded it. I sure wish I'd gotten more of it when I had the chance. But I digress...
I still have about a half yard of THE RED and it would be beautiful as the border on my little quilt. I may just do it.
I must be off to class. Today is the last regular class meeting. Next Wednesday is our final. Nearing the finish! Whoo-hoo!
I am linking up with WIP and Let's Bee Social. Go have a look-see!
Happy Quilting, Friends!