Just as I was late in welcoming September, I am even more late in wrapping up August. It was a good month filled with so many varied activities and events; I simply must review it so as to preserve all the memories.
Before we get into that, I will show you a peek at the next quilt coming off the long arm machine. It was intended to be a Christmas gift to a special little one, but my machine woes prevented that from happening. It is ready in plenty of time for THIS Christmas!
All right, the main order of business: a wrap-up of August. What a fun and busy month!
ROW 1: Five members of DH's family attended a Cleveland Guardians game to celebrate b-i-l Mike's birthday. Next, yours truly whacked off her hair! I've not had it cut this short in a very long time! And last, I finally cut into the treasured fabric bought on vacation years ago! We traveled through Winnemucca, NV, and I got to shop very quickly for these fabrics. I love the quilt that resulted!
ROW 2: This row can be the granddaughter row! The two older granddaughters vie for space on Gramma's knee at a Columbus pizza restaurant. We met both families for dinner on a very hot Sunday afternoon. Baby Annie wasn't at all bothered by the heat or the noisy restaurant. She is 4 months at the time this pic was taken. And, again, Cate and Reagan canoodle at the restaurant while waiting for pizza.
ROW 3: The first quilt off the long arm was the pink pinwheel quilt made for baby Annie. I'll be binding it today. The sunset picture is taken looking out across the Ohio River near Ripley, OH. The whole Moonrise (Florida) gang met at a friend's river-side cottage for a cookout. It was lovely catching up with everyone. And last, DD Erin blows kisses around Annie's ears and neck. Isn't that a happy face?!
And now I can put those August duties behind me. Time to look ahead to what September has in store! My main priority will be getting as many quilts run through that long arm machine as possible. I set a rather lofty goal back in January; I am woefully behind.
We also plan to leave for a 6-7 day trip into New England next week. I want to get some handwork prepared for stitching in the car.
Plenty to look forward to! And one more thing - Buckeye football is back!! Today is our season opener!
Happy Quilting, Friends!
And GO BUCKS!
Jayne


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feedback on my posts is always welcome!