Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Planning Future Projects

Yes, I know I have a UFO list over there in the sidebar sneering at me, but I just can't help thinking about the next new project I might begin. As I've been cleaning my sewing room, I've uncovered some buried treasures that are getting me excited to have a long stretch of sewing days ahead of me.

This (above) is a project from American Patchwork and Quilting called "Enduring Elegance." The fabric (most of it) is called Aviary.


This is a grouping of various fat quarter packs I've collected in recent years. What will they become?


Here is a kit I bought from one of the popular magazines (I don't remember which). It's called American Rose. Won't it be gorgeous?


I'm barely scratching the surface of the stash!
                           
I could spend a year just working down the Kaffe Fasset collection I've accumulated! Doesn't that look exciting?

(Blissful sigh.)

I love quilting.

7 comments:

PatchworkRose said...

Salivating over the Kaffe Fassett :-) Gorgeous colours
Cheers
Lynne

Christine said...

wow love your stash, I do have a good stash but not like yours.
I often order from the US as prices here are very high, our $ is nearly 1 to 1 with yours and we still pay $ 24-28 per meter for fabric.
Thanks for sharing you beautiful soft florals and don't worry about your UFO list, it will still be there even if you start a new project.

cheers
Christine

Janet said...

Your UFO list is not that big, lol. I see lots of very beautiful fabrics there that would make gorgeous quilts.

The Jackie said...

I lovelovelove that American Rose collection. It reminds me a little of SSI's Gossamer Petals. Gorgeous!

wishes, true and kind said...

Nice stash! You will have a good time using these!

Gladys said...

Wow I am envious ;) You have some great stash
Have fun quilting;)

mandylifeboats said...

great stash. u should follow ModaBakeShop on twitter. i get much inspiration from their "recipes" for all cuts of fabric. love your blog.