Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, January 28, 2011

And Just Like That...

 . . . we have a doll quilt top finished. And I must say, I totally love it and am so glad to have started off my 2011 with a sweet little project like this. I give you Midnight Stars - A Doll Quilt:

I certainly had no plan to make it - I just happened across it when I was browsing the blogs. What a happy accident!


The background consists of 2 dark blues; I was using scraps. The outer triangles are of one navy; the central squares are of another. The picture makes the difference seem more pronounced than they really are, I think. The flash must have enhanced the differences. No biggie. I am pleased with it, and will decide about quilting it now.
 
Thanks, Lori!! This has been fun!

4 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

I love your little quilt! I was tempted to make it and now I wish I had!

Kim said...

It looks great, Jayne! This is one I'll go back and tag...love it!

Lori said...

Fantastic!! I like the different blues.

Vivian said...

You were a lucky lady when you happened to find Lori's blog. This is her 3rd quiltalong project, and the first two I made were cute as can be and made by ladies all around the world. They were just enough challenge to keep them interesting, and they were small enough that I didn't feel overwhelmed if I got behind.
I like the way you used 2 different blue fabrics.