Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bits and Pieces

At the moment, I don't seem to have the mental capacity to handle a huge, involved project, so I have been working on smaller, less taxing ones. Is it a mood thing? Is it partly due to an extremely cluttered workspace that prohibits major jobs? Is it knowing that a few UFOs ought to be finished before starting something new? Yes. Yes. And yes.

Here is my progress on the Midnight Stars doll quilt I'm doing with Lori's Humble Quilts quilt-along.

Here is a long-buried UFO that I worked on at the quilting get-together this moring at Terry's. (Gosh, I love our bi-weekly sessions. We can gab away 3 hours faster than anything!)


This is a project I've hand-pieced entirely out of my stash. I wish I could say with certainty how long ago I began making these blocks - 4 years ago? 5? more? Anyway, I have 54 blocks, and I think I'm gonna stop. I will lay them out on the bed and if they come anywhere close to looking okay, I will stitch them together and begin adding borders until I get it to an acceptable size. It's been on my UFO list for far too long!!

I will be getting back to those darned log cabin blocks in the next day or so. I've got a few commitments over the long MLK weekend, though. So it might be Tuesday before I'm back!

1 comment:

  1. Your red and white stars and 9 patch is going to be awesome!!
    Love the fabric you chose for the doll quilt.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!