Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Catch Me If You Can

Getting back into the sewing/quilting groove has been a bit of a process for me. Since finishing up the last gift project around 6pm on Christmas Eve, I've only entered the sewing room to iron a shirt and hide some clutter!

Too much other stuff needed my attention: Christmas cooking and baking; Christmas/New'Year's hostessing;  and bowling - the Sugar Bowl variety - GO BUCKS! - I just had to put sewing on the back burner for a week or two.

Oh what a thriller that game was!! I was a nervous wreck!! I was multi-tasking with some hand-piecing, but did not get much done because the game was so exciting!!

What was I piecing??? Well, remember back on the first of January, I mentioned finding the Civil War quilt blog of Barbara Brackman; this piqued my interest! I thought to myself that I could stitch this block by hand while watching the Buckeyes, so I rummaged through a few drawers, found fabrics that pleased me, and went to work on "Catch Me If You Can." Here is an unpressed, in progress photo...


I was not overly pleased with the way it was turning out, so I cut out another set of triangles, and this morning put a block together on the machine. I do like it.

I will finish the hand-pieced block, but I might "unsew" a few stitches in the process.

Here is the link to Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts blog.


1 comment:

Lori said...

Nice work on both of them!