Monday, June 7, 2010

Friday Morning Quilt Group

I went upstairs to the sewing room Thursday afternoon to figure out what I'd work on at quilt group Friday morning. Gracie was cozied up  under the sewing machine, having a bath and looking very annoyed that I'd interrupted her quiet time.


I decided that I needed to finish the binding on Pam's quilt (which you saw in the last post). Isn't this a pretty border? And notice that fine, fine mitered corner. The bias plaid binding looks good with those swirly gee-gaws in the border, and the gently meandering quilting.

 At quilt group, we had 3 show-and-tells.


JoAnn showed off this great-looking table runner she is sending to a penpal in England who she's corresponded with since her school days - middle school or high school, I'm not sure, but it's been something like 30 or 40 years. Isn't that incredible? The table runner is of batiks, and I just love it.

Sharon hadn't gotten to share her Tulip Purse with us yet, so here it is:
And, Sharon also made a sweet little baby quilt for a soon-to-be-born grandbaby that she's waiting for.


You know how busy you are right before going on vacation? That's me, today. I've been rushing around doing lots of little odd jobs as we are leaving on a 12-day trip to Europe on Wednesday. I have typed up several blog posts to appear in my absence, so be sure to stop by to see what we are doing on our journey. 

I am also quite happy to see that the folks over at In Stitches listed my blog in the blogroll for today. Thank you!! And hello visitors!!

I hope visitors like what they see. If you leave comments, and I hope you do, please understand that they won't show up for awhile as I have the blog set to allow me to "moderate" comments. I had some very unsavory comments awhile back, so I am protecting the integrity of my blog by monitoring comments.

Okay, off to run a load of laundry and do some more packing!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!