Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome to 2014!



Happy New Year! Are you glad to send 2013 on its way, and eager to welcome 2014? While I don't have any particular issues with all that 2013 held for me, I do welcome 2014. I relish the notion of new beginnings and starting fresh, and all that.

My recovery continues, and I must admit that I am getting a bit stir crazy. My follow-up appointment with the surgeon will be tomorrow, and I am anxious to ask questions. I do still have some pain, and walking challenges me, even small distances. My stamina is reduced, doggone it! Maybe I am impatient, but I would like to know when I can expect to have a return to normalcy.

As for sewing and quilting, I'm making lists, assessing progress on the '13 goals, and planning, planning, planning. I sure hope that my productivity increases in the new year. I spend too much time dithering over what project to work on next. Duh! Just grab something and get to it!!

I'm seeing some interesting quilt-alongs on various blogs and I would love to join in. Maybe this will be the year that I can keep up. I've also pinned a ga-zillion gorgeous quilts on Pinterest, and oh! how I would love to make a few of them! Too many ideas and too little time, right?

As far as housekeeping here on the blog goes, I need to update the tab above for 2013 Finishes. I will retire the goals for 2013 and insert the ones I've identified for 2014. 

Lots to keep me busy in this brand new year! Let's begin!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






4 comments:

  1. Having back issues is so frustrating...glad you're on the mend from your surgery. I hope 2014 brings you all the energy and health you need to work on all your quilty projects! Happy New Year! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your recovery speeds up for you, it must be so frustrating to sit and think of things to do but not be able to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to walk over the fells with me this morning {smile}.

    A new year is a new start and 2014 will bring you health, happiness, laughter and love (and the new blog look is super!)

    hugs from one Jayne to another, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom had a knee replacement in October and is right there with you... stir crazy is the perfect description!

    Keep at the planning so that you will be ready to GO, GO, GO when you are able. I seem to be stuck in thinking mode these days too and need to hit the DO! button soon.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!