Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sewing With Friends

I have made many posts about the wonderful friends I have who are quilters. We get together often to sew, which makes for a very pleasant time and offers invigorating encouragement. I try to go whenever I can to sew with the girls for I always come away inspired and eager to make new things.

Last Friday, we Frankfort girls met at Sharon O's home for our regular 9-noon session. Most everyone was working on UFOs for the little challenge we are doing this year. I fear with all my "starts" in these  quilt alongs (see recent posts), I will come in last place in our challenge. Oh well. Let's take a look at what the girls were working on.

Terry is quite charged up to finish lots of UFOs.
Here is the first of several holiday projects she's finishing.

And another.

This is Sheryll's full-size quilt finished for the UFO challenge. Pretty!

Another Terry project.
I can't wait to see how she uses all of these next December!

Our hostess Sharon was completing a very spring-inspired quilt.
In the negative numbers for temperatures, this sure makes me wish for April!

Sheryll is finishing this wall hanging for the challenge.
And finally, yet another finish for Terry - this sweet table topper.

I need to get in gear! I've pulled my UFO, the backing and batting, and that's about all I've done! I need to get going!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! With these busy fellow quilters, I'm afraid I'd be lost in the dust, with all the projects they're working on. I've made the 4-stocking quilt (a Joined At the Hip pattern, I think), and a couple of the others look familiar. Such wonderful projects they had to share, and thanks for letting us see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration for finishing some of our own perhaps? Thanks for sharing all of the projects!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!