Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Post-Christmas Report

I've not been around here too much since the big visit by Jolly Old St. Nick! However, I did want to share a couple of pictures before we were too far removed from Christmas!


The twins got sewing machines for Christmas!! I give gigantic kudos to their mother, my sister-in-law Ann, for having such good sense! They were so excited to show me their new treasures, too! I have to say, I didn't have a whole lot of luck helping them get these machines threaded and operating when we were together on Christmas afternoon. I think with fewer people around and an atmosphere more conducive to concentrating, I might have been more successful.

It gave me an idea, though. They are both so interested in my quilting, that I think I need to make a date (or several) with them individually to have some sewing lessons on the real sewing machine. At age 7, they seem old enough to sew straight lines. We could easily construct a simple purse or something. This will definitely be going on my goals list for 2015.

Are you making your list of goals for the New Year? Will you be sharing them??

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. lucky twins! my niece at 2 used to sit on my lap and sew with Auntie. she loved it. I had gotten her a toy machine too when she was older. one of my nieces called me last night to make a date to arm knit with her and her cousins and myself. cant wait! love my girls and their common love of crafting

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!