Friday, April 19, 2024

Finally - A Reveal!

It sounds pretty pathetic, but I'd like to introduce my first quilt top of 2024. It has taken me until beyond mid-April to finally produce a quilt top. I have never taken so long to share one with y’all! Those three months in Florida really stunted my early-year productivity.



I began working on Paris Flea Market Find (PFMF) at the retreat last week. I made all the 25-patch blocks and all the sashing strips. I hadn't brought the cornerstone fabric or the border fabrics, so the finishing up has been happening this week.

You know what? The long wait for a 2024 flimsy was totally worth it. This is one gorgeous quilt top, I tell you. The fabrics in the 25-patches is from a jelly roll I had called, coincidentally, Paris Flea Market by Moda/3 Sisters. The red star points fabric is from my stash - a 1-yard cut of Paris Flea Market. The light sashing fabric is a Laundry Basket Fabrics neutral which I'd found in a bin at Old Town Fabrics. The floral inner border is Sanctuary by Moda/3 Sisters. That was left over from a quilt I made in 2021. The cornerstones and outer border is Promenade by, you guessed it, Moda/3 Sisters. I just love that these designers keep similar colorways so that various lines can be combined.

As I said, Paris Flea Market, Sanctuary, and Laundry Basket were all fabrics in my stash. I must credit my dear friend and best sewing buddy, Sharon, for coming through with a most amazing Christmas gift - over a half a bolt of Promenade. Not only is this the cornerstone and outer border fabric, there is enough remaining to use as backing! And Sharon even came through with the pattern! Lucky me, right?

And here is Paris Flea Market Find, a completed quilt top - her coming out party. Ahh, I just love how delicate and soft it is. What a cozy quilt this is destined to become!


Hopefully, all my quilts this year will come together as effortlessly as PFMF has. I will be one satisfied quilter if they do.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

4 comments:

  1. This quilt turned out beautiful! I can't wait to see how you quilt her. This finish didn't happen until the 4th month of the year but you pieced a multitude of 9 patches and 4 patches in Florida. I think you pieced enough for several quilts. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I like that is has bright colors but also so many calm ones as well. I agree that those sister lines so blend in so well. Sometimes I find that in clothing lines, too, that one tint from one manufacturer will go so well with another. It all makes for happy customers. The world can be so harmonic at times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh such a pretty top! It'll be nice to get it finished to be able to wrap up in on the porch on a cool evening. I hate it when my machines mess up. Luckily my hubs is able to fix them. I do have more than one also as a backup, but still annoying. It's almost like when one of your kids is sick 😒

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Paris Fleamarket Find is gorgeous! Love all those pretty fabrics and the fabric your friend gifted you is perfect. Your lovely quilt brings to mind rummaging through Paris flea markets in search of pretty fabrics. I must say 'she' is dressed in her very prettiest fabrics for the party!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!