It feels good to say that I've really had some good, quality sewing time lately. After those busy weeks with Emma's school stuff and having very little time for sewing, I'm starting a 2nd week now with much time set aside for working on quilting projects.
Last Wednesday and Thursday, I sewed with girlfriends, working both days on Broken Dishes, a quilt I started approximately 4 years ago. I was making really good progress, so I kept it going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with steady work on those blocks. The quilt requires 42 interior blocks and 30 border blocks. Here's an interior block, all 64 pieces of it!!
I've played around a bit with the possible layout of those interior blocks.
On the bright side, though, my points are matching up pretty well, all in all. I've got a few "duds,: but I am pleased overall with the results. I've not resewn very many. I hope to be creating rows on Tuesday when I meet with Sharon for a day of sewing together.