Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Raspberry Pound Cake

I will be busy sewing today, so I thought I would offer another recipe. This pound cake was on the menu of the brunch I hosted about 3 weeks ago. I saw it on Everyday Italian on the Food Network. It is really good. The recipe does not call for chopped nuts, but the last time I made it, I added them. Delicious! My husband and I really like nuts in things, so I will probably continue to add them to this whenever I make it.

A note about the pic below: Notice the sunken look this cake has; I've not ever had this trouble before with this recipe, and I think I know why - my oven was set at 300 degrees, instead of 350 degrees. I should have been more careful in checking, but was not. It was when I was turning the oven off that I noticed the temperature. Just a note of precaution, if you should decide to try it.

Raspberry Pound Cake with Vin Santo Cream

Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis of the Food Network
Yield: 6-8 servings

Pound Cake Ingredients

1 ½ c. all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the loaf pan

1 t. baking soda

2 t. orange zest (from 1 medium orange)

½ t. ground cinnamon

½ t. salt

1 1/3 c. sugar

½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing pan

3 eggs

1 t. vanilla extract

1 (10-oz.) bag unsweetened, frozen raspberries, thawed and drained

Preparation

1. Set oven rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.

2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until blended, about 30 seconds. With the machine running, add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold the drained raspberries evenly into the batter.

3. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes. Cake may deflate in center during cooling.

Topping Ingredients

1 c. heavy cream

½ t. vanilla extract

3 T. powdered sugar

3 T. Vin Santo wine or Moscato wine

Preparation

In large bowl, beat the cream until it hold soft peaks. Add vanilla extract, powdered sugar and wine. Continue to beat mixture until cream holds stiff peaks.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!