Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Decisions, Decisions - and a Few Loose Ends

What will I work on next? Now that the Snowflake at Dusk quilt top is finished, I am in a quandary as to what to focus on next.

I ought to get the backs ready for 2 quilts that have been waiting to go to the long arm quilt lady.

I ought to finish those 2 pillow tops. I intend to give these to 2 friends who have barn quilts.

I ought to make a bag for my laptop and one for Erin, too, while I'm at it.

I ought to start one of those charity quilts I agreed to make for the James Cancer Center at Ohio State.

I ought to go back to cleaning up and re-organizing my sewing room. I was on a roll a couple of nights ago, but now I am sputtering out of the mood.

My indecisiveness will be the end of me, honestly. I must get my act together if I am to use up the stash the way I hope to!

Instead, do you  know what I think I want to start? The darling little cheddar cheese doll quilt that Lori over at Humble Quilts is demonstrating. It finishes to 24" square, so it shouldn't take too long to complete it, right? And it would be great fun to select the variety of fabrics. And what's retirement for if not for cutting loose and doing something on the spur of the moment?? And wouldn't it be sweet if I made 2, one each for the twin nieces to play with when they come to Aunt Jayne's house?

Okay, I've talked myself into it!

The loose ends portion of this post is to add a  pic that should have been included in yesterday's post. My 2nd picture yesterday was of the snowflake block in its setting or alternate blocks. I should also have included a picture of the fabric used in the half-square and corner-square triangle blocks that surrounded the center. This outer edge was paisley, as well, and it complimented perfectly, IMO, the navy paisley in the pieced blocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!