Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Quilt Group

Quilting just naturally lends itself to groups. Just how long have there been quilting bees, I ask you?

In a curious twist of fate back in June, I made the reacquaintance with a quilting friend from about 20 years ago. At that time, she was co-owner of a quilt shop in a town we frequently found ourselves passing through. In the course of reminiscing, she invited me to join her little group of quilting friends for a Friday morning get-together they have every-other week.

I accepted her invitation, and have come to find great joy in the hours spent with this little group. In addition to our Friday mornings, we have taken a couple of outings to quilt shops around Ohio, we had a day-long sewing marathon, and one of the girls had all of us and our husbands over for a dinner party.

The initials of our last names spells out "CHHOW."  A good name for a group, yes indeed.

On Friday, we had the following "show and tell."


This is Terry's quilt, which she made for her daughter.


JoAnn showed off this beauty. Notice her piano key boarder.


And Sheryll had this to share with us. I regret that I didn't get a picture of Sharon's little wall hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!