Saturday, November 19, 2011

By Gosh, I Made It!

Hey, Everyone! I'm back! I made it through Fall Quarter and I see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel! There shall be more quilting, sewing, creating and blogging! Yaaay!

I have photos of several recent sewing/quilting events to share, actually. On Veterans' Day there was the annual day-long sew-in at Sherrie's house. Then on Tuesday, I went to Sharon's for sewing. We are re-establishing our weekly sewing day now that Fall Quarter has ended. And yesterday, was the regularly scheduled Frankfort Girls sewing - this time at Sheryll's house.

Since there's a lot to cover, I will work backwards - yesterday's sewing in Frankfort...

Like I said, we met at Sheryll's and even that, for me, proved to be a challenge. I drove over to Sharon's house, and when I didn't see any cars in the driveway, I knew I'd gone to the wrong house. There is a regular rotation, and you'd think I would know the routine by now...naahhh, I don't. So I was about 20 minutes late arriving at the shindig, but there was still coffee waiting for me!

Sharon had many finishes to share. Remember she's the one who had the toe-straightening surgery about 3 months ago. She is still wearing the boot, but is getting around really well. Hooray for that!

 The little patriotic wall-hanging she's been steadily working on is now completed. All ready for use next July 4th! Looks great, Sharon!

She has also been cross-stitching. Take a look at these gorgeous stocking she made for two of her grandchildren.



And, she has also been crafting! Take a look at what she made with yo-yos in graduated sizes -


She said she used scraps of Christmas fabric - a great way to eliminate waste! Topped with a red star button, and it looks great! Fun, fun.

JoAnn had some wall-hangings to share. She's been in the grandbaby business lately. One new granddaughter and then (about 2 months early) twin grandsons! She went from one grandchild to 4 in record speed!!

 This one features coffee-related panels.

This one features birds.

Sheryll worked a bit on some applique and then switched over to knitting. The applique project is going to require some very tiny bits; I just don't think she was in the mood for working on it! They are tiny tree ornaments of felt. She had all the pattern pieces cut out and yes, they are small. Minute, actually!


 Terry worked on an embroidery project. I think she might have had this at our last get-together...

That's a lot of embroidery! I love it, but I just don't know if I have the stick-to-it-iveness to work on such a project. It oughtn't to be that much different from the type of work I already do, but for some reason this seems daunting to me!



Terry's son recently got married, and she now has their wedding quilt finished. Take a look at this king-size beauty!!


I took a bit of knitting and also some embroidery. Since both might possibly end up as Christmas gifts, I am not sharing pictures of them just yet. *grin*

I should have taken a picture of the delicious coffee cake Sheryll baked for us! OMG! It was tasty! She gave us all copies of the recipe - it is from a Gooseberry Patch Christmas book. I looked it up, and it's out of stock. The cover picture is the coffee cake she made. Looks pretty good, doesn't it?


Stay tuned. I hope to be returning to my more regular blogging now. There's much to be done this time of year!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Welcome back.

    Have you noticed that all three of your quilting hostesses had names beginning with "Sh"?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!