Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It Just Occurred to Me...

...that I'd never shared the wall hanging I made at the request of my friend Terry earlier this fall. If you recall, her guild was having a retreat and she was in charge of the "mystery quilt." She'd asked me to make the quilt in some of my colorful, more modern fabrics. And so I did. I gave peeks of it here on the blog, here and here and here. Well, the retreat is long passed, but I completely forgot to share the finished product (top, not quilted) to blog followers.

Terry wanted to have a variety of "looks" to show her mystery quilt participants. Here is Sheryll's Christmas version.

Here is Terry's muted patriotic version.  Correction!!! It may look like muted patriotic, but in reality it is 30's prints! And it was made by Sheryll, not Terry! (I stand corrected in my orthopedic shoes!!) Terry made one that is black and beige, but I didn't get to take a pic of it.

Here is my jazzy version, in which I've use all Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

The pattern is called Razzle Dazzle (I forget who designed it.) It measures roughly 36" square.

I am not overly fond of mine, but it does do a good job of showing how different fabrics change a pattern. I don't know what I will do with it. Suggestions welcome.
Today I am doing a couple of things I really don't care much for. I've already made backs for 2 quilts. Ugh! So much work!! And math!! Double-ugh! Next up, I will be adding borders to a t-shirt quilt. If I can accomplish that, then I have a couple of very small Christmas projects I'd like to finish, and I still have that French General Stars quilt top to finish off.

I feel December calling, and with it all the hustle and bustle that is Christmas. I hope I remember to savor the sweetness of the Christmas season, and not stress about the "stuff" of Christmas. I am also beginning to give serious thought to the projects I want to put on my 2012 Goals List.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jayne... visiting from crazyboutquilts Thimbleberries Sew Day. Thought I would say "hello." Hello!
    Lovely quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three versions of the quilt definitely have different looks. Quilters often talk about trying something outside their comfort zone. I do it now and then, but I often don't like it. I guess that's why we call the familiar and favorites our comfort zone.

    "Math. Double ugh" -- that says it all. I think we'd all prefer to keep math out of our quilting, but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing different fabrics for this pattern. They all are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!