Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Recent Purchases

Seems like I have a lot of catching up to do. With classes at the university in full swing, I have had my mind elsewhere for a few weeks. Thanks to the Labor Day weekend, I have been able to catch up a bit.

So at some point in the last 2 or 3 weeks, I made a little trip to Old Town Fabrics in Chillicothe. In one of Kelly's emails, I learned that she'd marked down some of the Kaffe Fassett fabrics, so I definitely wanted to see if there was something calling my name.


I found many, but these two were particularly appealing, and I was fairly certain that I didn't own either one in any form (fat quarter or yardage). I think I ended up getting 2 yards of each.

It seems I can never leave their store without hitting the "Buy 4, get the 5th one free" basket. I have so much fun selecting the 5 I want to take home with me!


On this particular trip, I selected reds and blues for a patriotic quilt I have formulating in the back of my mind. I will need a variety, so these should blend in nicely.

That red and white yardage under the rolls is a piece I found on the super-discount table in the back of the store. I think I have mentioned before that I am also formulating plans for a future red and white quilt. Of course, this will play nicely, won't it??

So, this gal who prides herself on using from the stash, has done a bit of shopping. I fall off the wagon periodically, don't I?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

If you ask me, the point of having wagons is so we can fall off them occasionally! You bought some great fabrics while you were off yours.