Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Recent Purchases

Seems like I have a lot of catching up to do. With classes at the university in full swing, I have had my mind elsewhere for a few weeks. Thanks to the Labor Day weekend, I have been able to catch up a bit.

So at some point in the last 2 or 3 weeks, I made a little trip to Old Town Fabrics in Chillicothe. In one of Kelly's emails, I learned that she'd marked down some of the Kaffe Fassett fabrics, so I definitely wanted to see if there was something calling my name.


I found many, but these two were particularly appealing, and I was fairly certain that I didn't own either one in any form (fat quarter or yardage). I think I ended up getting 2 yards of each.

It seems I can never leave their store without hitting the "Buy 4, get the 5th one free" basket. I have so much fun selecting the 5 I want to take home with me!


On this particular trip, I selected reds and blues for a patriotic quilt I have formulating in the back of my mind. I will need a variety, so these should blend in nicely.

That red and white yardage under the rolls is a piece I found on the super-discount table in the back of the store. I think I have mentioned before that I am also formulating plans for a future red and white quilt. Of course, this will play nicely, won't it??

So, this gal who prides herself on using from the stash, has done a bit of shopping. I fall off the wagon periodically, don't I?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. If you ask me, the point of having wagons is so we can fall off them occasionally! You bought some great fabrics while you were off yours.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!