Tuesday, December 3, 2019

December!

The hurrier I am, the behinder I get.

That seems to be the way of things lately. But I foresee a great shift occurring in the next week or so, as my semester comes to an end, and I can refocus myself on my sewing, blogging and home.

The good stuff, in other words.

A quick acknowledgment to our new month, now that we are 3+ days into it. I have a November wrap-up to share, so let's get to it.

Top row: My impromptu table topper that ended up looking better on my bar than on my table; my cousin Ellen and I at our annual Buckeye weekend/family reunion in Columbus; and our first snow of the season - earlier than usual, but very pretty while it lasted.

Middle row: My first quilt finished on the Tin Lizzie!!! This was a truly major highlight of the month - perhaps of the year!; then the second quilted effort was a t-shirt quilt; and the final pic is of the Tin Lizzie in her new penthouse suite.

Bottom row: a fun crafty afternoon with friends resulted in this string-art Christmas tree; the back basting continues on Lake Effect; and last, the girls, their fellas, DH and I had a fantastic evening of dining and cheer at Lindey's in German Village. This has become a tradition as we have made this a part of our holidays for 4 years now.

My December sewing plans include quilting about 4 quilts, minimum. I have two that are promised to a customer as my top priorities. Then a baby quilt must be finished, as the little fella is already approaching 6 months! Then perhaps a Christmas quilt?? Or two? Yes, I think I can do this.

I have blogging plans, too, with a big post coming up about one of my Frienzie friends.

I am in my final week of regular classes at OUC, and next week we have finals. I definitely feel the shifting of my energies.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your long arm machine...did I miss her name? has a most comfortable area. Thanks for sharing this roundup of activities. Fun times and lovely quilting. Good luck with the December plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt loaded in the long arm! You will have a productive December that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!