Monday, December 9, 2019

Slow Stitching

I am determined to finish quilting this little Roman Holiday table topper - before Christmas! I am doing big-stitch quilting on it, yet like I so often do, I get side-tracked by other projects, and it sits ignored in the quilting room. I have recently brought it back out and leave it on the footstool near my chair in the family room. While I watched both Buckeye basketball and football on Saturday - two wins!! - I worked on this topper.

Those big stitches are becoming rather haphazard. I think that comes with the infrequency of my work on it. If I were more focused, I would know where I was going with those markings made however long ago.

Maybe you can guess my attitude concerning the haphazard quilting - no big deal! Done is better than perfect, for sure. This attitude keeps me plugging away on this little beauty.

I am linking up with the friendly folks partying over at Kathy's Quilts for the Slow Sunday Stitching event. I wonder how many  more quilters are trying to finish things in time for Christmas??

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. How pretty your Roman Holiday table topper is. Love all those sweet red and white fabrics. They play wonderfully together, don't they. My quilting, too, always seems to wander off that straight and narrow quilting line. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors in your topper ... it will be fun to see it in its entirety! I find the same thing; I often will put down a project and pick it up again weeks (or months) later, and struggle to figure out where my head was when I put it down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly why I created the link up! We encourage each other in these long term projects, we remind ourselves of the relaxation benefits, and emphasize that 'done' is way better than perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!