Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Final Finish!

It feels really good to report that I have one more finish to tally up for this waning year. I spent yesterday afternoon adding the borders onto the Quilter's Planner Snowflake Sampler quilt, and I am loving how it turned out.


Despite how yellowed the picture appears, the background is crisp white, and the border is soft pink. The blocks are made from the leftovers of an early-2019 project using Memoire a Paris by Lecien Fabrics. I found the border fabric and the backing in my stash, and may get to quilting it in the new year.

This finish (quilt top finish, that is) represents a first: participating in and finishing a quilt-along - on time! Whoa! This is quite an accomplishment for me. I had no intention of even making this quilt, but the block for January was sooo alluring, and I had that gorgeous fabric still out from the previous project, so I made one block. Which, apparently was enough to hook me, because that one block turned into two the next month, and two more the following month, and so on all year long. It's all good, though, I mean, look how gorgeous!


This picture shows the backing fabric I will use. Trust me, it is purple. I can't seem to get my colors to look right at all.

Here's a closer look at the border fabric. Both the backing and the border fabrics have been in my stash for a long time; I am glad I had them - they both work so well with this quilt.

And that is a wrap on 2019. I spent a long while last night updating my finishes for 2019 in the pages section of the blog. I feel as though the year has been quite productive, and I am really proud of the projects I made. Having the Tin Lizzie 100% operational is going to make a big difference in my life this coming year. Can't wait!

Goodbye, 2019! You have been oh, so good to me! Thanks for all the fun!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I can't wait to see how you quilt her, I envision a lot of custom quilting with swirls, feathers and other lovely designs. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!