Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hello September

 A new month! Are you ready for September? 

It's strange how this coming month and the approaching season toys with my psyche. I never seem to look forward to autumn like I do with the arrival of spring. I don't dislike the arrival of fall; in fact, I love all the seasons and am glad to live in Ohio where we are fortunate to experience all the delights of four distinct seasons. However, it does make me a bit melancholy to see summer fading, dusk coming earlier and the early signs of fall settling in.  I guess I am a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to fall's coming. Since I can't do a thing about holding summer a little bit longer, I will look forward to crisp, cool mornings, bright blue skies, and brilliant, bold colors. Eternal optimist, I am!

Enough philosophizing. In yesterday's post, I said I would come up with some goals and I am still working on those. In the meantime, let's do an August wrap-up.

My August collage include 6 quilts, probably the most I've ever featured since I began doing these monthly collages. The Frankfort Girls' sew-along quilt is up first; it is in the flimsy stage. The small table topper I'm calling the Key West quilt is my version of a periwinkle quilt; it is finished, as is the little mantle mat made with remnant HSTs. Another flimsy is the Larkspur 9-patch. In the bottom row is another HST quilt made with remnants; it is quilted and needs the binding to be applied and finished. Then, one of my current works-in-progress, the 5-inch churn dash quilt made with reproduction prints and shirtings.

The non-quilt pictures feature two of my kiddos who had birthdays this month, Emma, my youngest and Adam, my oldest. The remaining picture is one we took on a fun day trip to Marietta, OH, the setting of the David McCullough book, The Pioneers. Marietta is a beautiful city, full of fascinating history about the original English settlers to the Ohio territory.

We are having a good time at our modified quilt retreat. Day 2 is in the books, and I think I speak for all that we are enjoying it immensely.

Happy September, dear readers, and

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!