Sunday, January 31, 2021

Goodbye, January

 Already, one-twelfth of the new year is in the books. Blinking, it seems, wipes out a month. 


In my search for an appropriate image, I found the one above of Lucy Van Pelt from the Peanuts gang. Perfect, since the quilt I am working on to close out January is called Lucy. In the description provided by pattern author Carrie Nelson, we know that the Lucy to which she is referring is Lucy Ricardo of I Love Lucy fame, but we can be flexible here, I think.

We are having a 'weather event' here today - snowed overnight, raining today, and returning to snow tonight. I believe I heard that there will be some accumulation in the morning, but we are likely on the fringe of the serious stuff, so I am not too concerned. I am perfectly content to hibernate here in my cozy house with a Slow Sunday project on my lap. It isn't stitching, but it is handwork, nonetheless. I am drawing diagonal lines on 276 (+/-) squares for the next phase of my Lucy construction - 60 snowball blocks and 44 half-snowball blocks.


I have my little box of squares ready for action. I plan to work on this task while we watch the OSU men play today. I have earbuds nearby on the chance that we finish the game before I finish the squares. I will go back to my current audiobook, if that happens.

To cut all those 1.75-inch squares, I stacked strips and lined them up carefully so that I could cut lots at a time.

Worked like a charm!

I have a few snowballs made. The corners will be randomly placed; no plan for making any tough decisions here.

I will link with Kathy's Quilts again this Sunday for her weekly Slow Sunday Stitching party. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





4 comments:

  1. We did indeed blink and January disappeared from our radar. Love all those pretty little squares; such lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So organized! Hope you got plenty of cutting done during the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics you have cut up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday while playing with your pretty squares!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!