Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Reviewing Old Goals

Each January I make a list of goals I hope to accomplish in the next 12 months; additionally, I recap the previous year's goals to take stock of how well I did. I have not yet posted this year's goals, although I have begun working on a few of the items that will be listed. I plan to share the '21 goals tomorrow; today, let's look at how I fared at accomplishing all that was on my 2020 list.

Clicking here will take you to my post that reveals the goals for last year. To avoid having to do that, I pulled just the list to reference in today's post.

 

This past year became such a different year, everyone will agree, and things that one planned didn't always pan out. I cannot blame my non-finishes on the virus, but it may have factored in.

The first 4 items on this list are gifts, only 2 of which are actually in the hands of the recipients. I completely finished and gifted the first two items. I have made the Everhart wedding quilt, but have not yet quilted it, and that goes, too, for Garrett's baby quilt.

Other finishes include the quilts and flimsies listed below. Clicking each link will explain some details, and show you some pictures, if you are interested. As a point of clarification, my listed name might have changed by the time I wrote about the quilt. (For example, Blue and Yellow Stars became Dreamy Stars.)

6-Summer Nights

7-True Blue

8-Frankfort Girls' Sew Along

10- Kim Diehl quilt

11-Larkspur Quilt

12-Blue and Yellow Stars

13-UFO - Purple and Green Thimbleberries

16/17-Diagonal Madness was made with KF fabrics, so I really did both in one quilt.

18-Scrap-busting focus (more on this below)

19-Two-color quilt - Lady of the Lake

20-Test Block 30s Quilt

21-Impromptu Projects - besides #19, Lady of the Lake, I made a scrappy table topper (counts for #18, too), Peachy Surprise, Summer Breeze, Larkspur 9-Patch, and Larkspur Topper.

I feel pretty darn good that I was as successful as this for my goals. It certainly was a year that presented its fair share of hiccups, but at least in the quilt-making area, I feel as though I prevailed.

Two big fails: #9 - quilting 2 quilts per month on the long arm. I really do want to get this goal going in a big way. You all know how many quilt tops I have made here and they MUST be quilted. You can be sure a goal very similar to this is again on the list for 2021. 

Dreamy Stars, above, is one quilt worth highlighting, as I stitched it and quilted it all in the same calendar year. That is an amazing feat. I hope I can get so efficient that I am doing this as the norm, and not as an anomaly.

Another fail is #14 - the UFO called Row-a-Month. That thing is so old, and the part that needs to be dealt with is applique. Well, I am pretty busy with my ongoing WIP, #15-Lake Effect, which is presenting enough applique for now. Row-a-Month is just gonna have to wait.

A moderate fail is #5 - working on the Blockheads is fun, but I fizzle out on them; I have them nearby, and work on them occasionally. I will get back to them, eventually.

Sorry for another word-laden post, Peeps. Clicking will get you lots of pictures, though, so have at it!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!