Monday, August 7, 2023

Post-It Note Reminders

In my last post I shared the little trick I'd been using as a reminder of essential items on my to-do list.

Most of the quilts referenced on these little notes are ones that I definitely want to make. My reasons for wanting to make them are as varies as the quilts.

I've already made 'pine tree' - Alpine. My reason was that I wanted a memory of all the tree-covered mountains we've seen on recent vacations.

'Fall leaves' - I've got a couple of reasons for wanting to make this one. I have a lot of fall-colored scraps I could use (love using scraps!) and I love the fall-color in Ohio. Since I don't really have that many fall-inspired quilts, this one will be nice to add to my fall decor line-up. I'm feeling the need to get cracking on this one as fall is just a few weeks away.


Back in September of 2021, I actually made two leaves for experimental purposes - I like these! I could see a whole quilt of lovely leaves like this. I have these stored in a tub with a goodly stash of appropriate scraps just waiting to be transformed.

'Blue-gray-floral combination Irish Chain' - now that is a lot of information for a small note, but I needed all that in order to help myself remember the idea.

These three fabrics - a hefty amount of each - have been stored together for at least a year. I knew they were perfect together but it took me forever to decide on a pattern. After all, the perfect combination of fabrics requires a perfect pattern. And I think I found one in searching all the on-line sources of inspiration - yet another Double Irish Chain. I've made several DICs over the years, and this one will be different because I plan to use the little print as my background and the solids will be the chains. Somewhere I saw a picture, but I can't immediately locate it. I will keep looking.

'Winnemucca fabric' - This is simply to remind me to use the fabric I bought last year on vacation. We were headed out to Oregon to see our son and went through Winnemucca, Nevada. Needing a gasoline stop, we also looked for a local quilt shop. We found one and I bought a wonderful combination; once again I am searching for the "perfect " pattern for this fabric. It will probably involve stars of some sort.

I think I've swiped the neutral out for some other project, but the remaining 4 fabrics are stored together awaiting their future creation.

The next post-it,b'Blue dot...' has been officially named Posies and Polka Dots which is my current project under construction. You've seen progress shots in the last couple of posts, and if my week goes as planned, it will be a flimsy by Thursday.

The bottom Post-It Note references a calico layer cake I want to use. I bought it last year at Mae-Lynne Makers while on a quilting retreat at Needles and Pines, which means I took advantage of the retreat discount .*smile*

This method of plastering my sewing machine with these reminders really does keep me on track and focused on the projects I most want to complete. Yes, I get interrupted from time to time - especially with baby quilts! - but I have the notes just a glance away to reset myself.

Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love post-it notes. I am also an incorrigible list maker. I like that you keep the fabrics for future projects together. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!