Monday, August 14, 2023

Latest Finish!

My hope to have this quilt top finished on Thursday did not work out; instead, I have a finish from last evening (Sunday). The best laid plans...

Let me introduce Posies and Polka Dots, a quilt I am pleased as punch to share. (I'm feeling alliterative today!)


Just as pretty as can be, don't you agree? I love the Kona Snow for the background and the blue Moda Essential Dot just perfectly sets off my treasured fat quarter pack of floral calicos. I had to search the archives all the way back to June '22 to find my first post about this floral pack. Read about it here. I was making decisions about which light blue and white dot to use.

 

I don't know a lot about Japanese cotton, but I have used it a couple of times and it is the softest, most delicate, most supple-feeling fabric you can imagine. I can see why it is pricier than other quilting fabric. My purchase is the Pedicel collection by a manufacturer called Cosmo Textile. "Tiny floral" - a perfectly simple and accurate description. I imagine the details can be plugged into a search of eBay or Etsy - if you were inclined to shop for these pretty florals - perhaps they are still available at various outlets.

So, my initial idea to make stars was at some point changed to making 9-patches. I've been going with the simpler designs lately, so this decision does not surprise me. I like the setting blocks that create columns; I made five (5) vertical blue columns around four (4) vertical white columns. My quilt top measures roughly 84" x 76".

Completing this quilt top fulfills one of my goals for "23, so I am super-stoked to have it done. Now, another goal for "23 is to quilt these tops as I make them, and I am failing miserably in this effort. Since I am so very excited to have this done, I may have to get this one on the long-arm machine ASAP. 

I could still turn this quilting goal around.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. it looks good - I used to use Kona Snow a lot - I don't remember why I do not have it in my stash anymore - I must have used it all up LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is beautiful! Please put it on the long arm today and quilt it, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt! Kona Snow is my favorite solid background. Your use of those little calicos was spot on. The block is so simple, but what an effective layout. It turned out just beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty as can be is correct! SO soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!