Saturday, August 3, 2024

Hello August!


Welcome August! How you have arrived so quickly absolutely amazes me, but here we go with a brand new month.

Over the last week or so, the time I’ve had for either quilting or blogging has been minimal. But it’s all good! This particular whirlwind was fantastic!

We hosted the 6th annual Honnoldpalooza last Sunday (picture us cleaning, prepping and cooking), and then we turned around Monday morning and left for a 4-day vacation to Michigan. 

Niece Julie, grand nephew Alex, niece Lori and great-grand nephew Milo.
 

Pleasure boats lolling on Lake Superior.
 

So let me do some housekeeping and catching up. Or catch my breath, maybe. The easiest way to start is to review last month's highlights.

TOP ROW: Temecula Baskets was in the binding stage as July began. We enjoyed fireworks at a 4th of July picnic hosted by friends Gary and Cheryl. They go all out, and have been hosting this event for probably 20-some years. The master bedroom remodel was mostly finished by mid-month, although we are still tweaking things.

MIDDLE ROW: The first quilt top to be photographed on the new bed was Tiny Nine Patches. Believe it or not, this quilt is now loaded on the long arm and is waiting for my attention (soon, I hope!). Darling Cate gets the center spot, as usual. She is 22 months now! Growing and talking and running. In that next picture, she enjoys some Graeter's Ice Cream with her papaw.

BOTTOM ROW: A random picture from the Honnoldpalooza; this one features Christina, Jamie, Lisa and Eric. The middle picture is from the northern shore of Lake Michigan looking toward the Mackinaw Bridge in the distance. And finally, there's DH and I posing in front of Tahquemenon Falls near the town of Munising, MI.

Not a lot of quilting, was there? Seems like this entire calendar year has been rather limited on productivity. With the bedroom refresh, I've instead been sorting and purging and organizing with hopes of utilizing my upstairs spaces more efficiently. We shall see how that continues. We really needed to do the refresh, but it did create quite a lot of off-shoot projects for me. 

Plans for the month are firming up. I have a 4-day retreat mid-month, which you will be hearing more about. And currently, there are not one, but two quilts laid out on the floor - one upstairs and one downstairs. Yes, I am dabbling in a mix of new stuff and UFOs.

With that little tease of future posts, I will leave you for now.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!