Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Found Quilt

Whew!

It was with a huge sigh of relief that I finally found my missing retirement quilt! I looked upstairs, downstairs, in the basement, every room of the house and was frantic. I called DD Erin, to see if she had taken it for some reason. My great fear was that she had taken it, and it was in the car that was stolen about 3 weeks ago! Alas, she knew nothing. I texted DS Adam to see if he'd taken it to his girlfriend's. Nope. Nothing. I questioned DD Emma, who still lives at home. She'd not seen it, either.

I repeated my all-out search a number of times, before finally locating the quilt hanging from a clothes rack in the laundry area of the basement. The reason I didn't see it any of the gazillion times I searched the laundry area is because the back was facing out, and it was just too easy to look right past it!


See what I mean? Rather ordinary-looking, right?

When I was searching high and low for my quilt, I was NOT looking for ordinary, believe me!! I have the wildest retirement quilt of all!

My retirement quilt is made 100% of Kaffe Fassett fabrics! So, when I tell you that I didn't see the quilt, believe me, it would be hard to miss if it were turned to this side!

Isn't it scrumptious? Wouldn't it have been a shame if it had truly been lost?? Perish the thought!

A couple of questions beg to be answered, I'm sure:
1. Why was it hanging over a clothes rack? To keep it from becoming soiled against all the other 'uck' that one finds in dirty laundry.
2. Why was it in the laundry? I don't know for sure on this one, but I'm guessing that either the cat or the dog had slept on it and gotten it really hairy (and if it was the dog, then smelly, too!)
3. Did I put it there and forget about it? Or did one of the kids? Don't know. I probably did; the kids wouldn't know to put it up out of the way. They treat all laundry equally. Nothing gets special care when they are doing laundry! (Are all kids this way?)

So, my mystery is solved, and I am relieved.

I still don't have a picture of all the retirement quilts together in one place, however. We might have to have another reunion.

7 comments:

  1. What a relief! I know I would have been frantic so I'm glad you found it. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you finally "saw" it. What a vivid and pretty quilt--and very special too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found it. It is certainly one that would be hard to miss if it was hanging the right way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! I'm glad you found it! It is a gorgeous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt! I have to remember this one. I have a box of Kaffe fabrics--none have been cut or used, but all have been admired & rearranged many times. Yes, I definitely need to remember this one. It's gorgeous! Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a blessing to find it! Love all those viverant colors in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is gorgeous! I LOVE Fassett fabrics and his designs! Great retirement quilt! It'll wake you up to life!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!