Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yet Another Project!

Projects just seem to find their way to my door at times. I do welcome them, too. I mean, after all, what was my plan for retirement?? Quilting!

My friend Terry asked me to commit to a project that will help her out. Later this year - maybe late October - she will lead a mystery quilt class for a retreat she will be attending. She wants to have some very different looks made up to show participants. She has someone making the quilt in reproduction fabrics. I believe she has another one promised, too, possibly a floral or a patriotic. My contribution is to make one using my Kaffe Fassett fabrics. One that would be considered "wild."

I've played around with some fabric groupings - it's a 4-fabric quilt - and have come up with 2 possibilities that I like. Tell me what you think.


This option is a pink, purple and blue combination.


This option is an orange/gold, green and purple combination.

Any opinions from the masses??

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Well, you KNEW I would have to stick my nose in didn't you?

I prefer the second combo, except that I would take out the orange and replace it with either a dark green or a dark purple or even a fairly pale yellow.

There, that was no help at all was it?

Wtrstone said...

I prefer the second combo as well... I think the polka dots give it a "wilder" look.

Kat